The HSC Physics topic Quanta to Quarks includes the concept of the wave nature of an electron.
- When we draw an electron as a wave what does the height of the wave represent?
- Is the electron mass spread out along the wavelength?
- In quantum mechanics an electron is described by a wave function. Is this the same as the de Broglie matter wave?
- What is the physical interpretation of the wave function?
- According to quantum mechanics what actually is the electron in the hydrogen atom? Is it a particle moving in an orbit?